Friday, February 25, 2011

Winter break...

This week I have been graced by the presence of my whole family! 

It's weeks like these that intensify my gratitude that Elon teaches school.  We really haven't had any set plans as a family...which has been kinda nice. 

We started the week off with cookies!...We take those gooey morsels very seriously around here.

Spoon-licking is taken just as seriously:


 Hallie is so careful with anything that could possibly dirty her hands.

 She was in a dilemma here because one of the melted chocolate chunks on the bottom of her cookie was sticking to the table, and picking it up would run her the risk of getting some on her. 
 
These are some of the best double chocolate chunk cookies out there, thanks to Betty Crocker's pouch cookie mixes.  We've pretty much tried them all.

It's obvious she doesn't care a wip if it gets on her face.


She has had ample play time with her daddy who has a super power called "I-can-play-make-believe-with-my-daughter-for-two-solid-hours-and-not-want-to-tear-my-hair-out."

And man alive am I grateful for that.

I love seeing the two of them all snug and cozy on the couch.



Chandler has been a mimic lately:


Can you tell?
Elon silently gestured for me to look at them during lunch.  Hallie was daydreaming, and Chandler thought he'd try it out.


He also wants to be "Vacuum Man" like his daddy.

Chandler's eyes seem to get blue-er, and I love it!

Yay for winter break!


4 comments:

  1. What cute kids you have! I'd say they come in a close second to some other 4 and 18mo olds I know. :) Wyatt is totally into copying Paige too. It is cute to see him copy her movements and what she says.
    Your house looks beautiful! I want to see more pictures of it! And of all the organizing you did last year.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I'm so glad you are capturing these moments. It looks like you have had a great week. Looking forward seeing you all tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph, I know, after that streamlining madness I went through last year, getting rid of almost all of our possessions really does make it easier to keep clean, however, don't be fooled by these pictures...there are usually toys and other odds and ends strewn across the floor. :)

    Thanks mom! The kids had a blast at your house yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. both your kids have the most beautiful blue eyes!
    cute pictures.
    your kids look just like your family.

    ReplyDelete