Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disney Princesses! On ICE that is...

Some dear friends of ours bought tickets for our entire family to attend the "Classic Disney Princesses on Ice" show in Portland last Friday.  And boy am I ever grateful to them for that incredible gift! 

I told Hallie the good news on Monday, and she had stars in her eyes for the rest of the week.  She said "I can't hardly wait!" about 47 times a day.  

With the tea party and princesses in her near future, I was amazed that her little heart could handle that kind of excitement without bursting.  

This was pure fun for me.

And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I too, was counting down the days to see those lovely ladies swirl across the ice....I mean I still sit down with Hallie to watch Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast and have every word of the script still safely intact.   

When we got to the civic center, Hallie was in awe at how big the place was.  She said, "I've never been in a place like this before....this is a cool place."  She knows "cool" when she sees it!

 I told her to show me how excited she was for the show to start.



The lady sitting up behind us was nice enough to offer to take a picture of our whole family.  I wish she'd have told me to go do a once-over to my hair in the bathroom before she snapped it.....good heavens!

Lori was so sweet and let Hallie pick out a toy from the vendors outside....Thank you Lori!  She has played with it every day since.
This castle was amazing and had many faces according to which princess was on stage.



Boy could these girls and guys ever dance out on that ice...making it look effortless.

 
Guess who was in a trance the whole time?
 
    I'm regretting not taking 100 more pictures but I was so mesmerized by the whole thing, it only dawned on me before the show and at the end that I should take my camera out! 

I was worried about bringing Chandler, but man alive did he ever LOVE it!  He was on my lap violently pointing at whatever new character made their entrance from the castle, and then raised his arms up over his head in a clapping frenzy.... about 80% of the show,  providing additional entertainment to all who sat within eye-shot. 

Occasionally he would look up at me with a huge smile as if to say "isn't this the BEST mom?" and it made me ever so thankful to be a mother...right there in that stadium... row 17, with my happy toddler on my lap and my totally entranced girl to my right.  

Thank you Dan and Lori for this spectacular  night!  

On the ride home, Hallie topped us off with a line that made Elon and I beam. 

She said, "well I guess magic really is real."

Disney does it's job brilliantly.

4 comments:

  1. That is so so cute! That is very nice of your friends to buy you those tickets. I want to take Hannah to that when they come to Utah. I wanna go! It look awesome. That is such a cute comment she made "I guess magic is real" lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Krista I'm so excited for your blog! Hope you don't mind, I saw your post on Sean's FB this morning while checking out a missionary from our wards homecoming pictures. I know SOO many people who went to Disney on Ice that weekend. It's such a great feeling spending time with your kids when they are so excited and happy! If you click on our name at the top of this post it'll bring you to our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just kidding I forgot I changed it so you couldn't. Anyway it's www.seanmeganandkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous that you got to go! We have never been to anything like that before. It looks spactacular! Hallie is such a cutie! Those are the moments that being a mom just fulfills all dreams that you ever had! Glad that your experiance was amazing!

    ReplyDelete