Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vegas

Last weekend, I was here:
 
In 73 degree weather...which is pure heaven in February, especially when you come from a place where polar bears would be comfortable five months out of the year!


And I got to travel with this lovely couple.
All because my brother Josh fell in love....  and I couldn't be more excited about that!  We think Tausha's pretty awesome.
And the best part about it was that I got to see all my loved ones who live clear across the country.
Which includes my newest niece, who I thought I'd never get to hold as an infant.
And it was love at first site!
I tried to soak up these two as much as possible during this short reunion.


It was so fun to see Kim in all her motherhood glory.  

That Miriam and Liesl sure have an awesome mom!
We stayed at a resort called Tahiti Village.
And boy was it nice!



It had a lazy river....
...and a "beach."

It was so much fun just sitting around, soaking each other up.

Before the wedding we had some time to kill, so we went to the Hoover Dam.  But in my opinion, the dam was out-shined by this breath-taking bridge that crosses it.   And when you stand in the center...
...you see this.
I was so grateful for that tall railing, although I had a phobia of dropping my camera over the edge.
It was a tad windy up there.
I love how little Liesl was zipped up safely in Kim's jacket :)
I love this picture.
We headed to the wedding chapel between 3:00 and 4:00pm that afternoon (Monday).
I wish I'd have taken some "non-candid" pictures of them afterword.  They looked great all decked out in their wedding attire and these pictures just don't do them justice.
They sure did seem happy!
It was so great to see my dad!  I love this man.
And my Uncle Reese!
I wish I would have taken more pictures of my Grandma Jerree.  She made this trip possible for me, and I can't even express what that means to me.  I love her so much!


So there is the trip in a nut shell.

If you want to, "stay tuned" for a lazy glide down "the strip," just imagine that every picture you see is about fifty times more exciting than what I happened to capture on my little point and shoot camera out the car window while driving.

Jim was the "lucky" man behind the wheel and he was such a trooper.
  I would love to see Donny and Marie sometime here at the Flamingo.

I forgot to mention that our first stop in "Sin City" was church. 
And it sure was fun to hang out with my brother Michael just like the old days!

  Sorry, these are a little out of order, but it's late and I'm too tired to fiddle with it.  
I had fun in the desert.

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Krista, that looks like such a FUN trip! That place you stayed looks awesome! I am so happy for Josh! I loved seeing pictures of Kim and her cute family. Her new baby is a little doll! U my dear look as GREAT! You never age, and Michael, geez he is GOOD LOOKING!
    Thanks for sharing your blog. I loved seeing your family and it looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsey! You make me feel like a million bucks! I have to agree that Liesl is a doll, and Michael is a great looking guy...and still not married...so if you know any young 21-25 year old gals... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista, I love your Blog the pictures are great but the comments are what really make it special. I'm so glad you are investing the time to do this. We did have a great time and I'm so happy we could share in Josh and Tausha's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Krista!! I LOVED seeing the Pierce-Higgins family all together - beautiful pictures :) It looks like you all had a great time - I'm especially happy for Josh - he's a sweetie. Email me when you get a chance - I'm in the market for a new camera and would love to know what you used for this trip. The pictures are terrific - you have a natural eye for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Josh lived in Vegas. I would have visited him before I left California. I do miss that part of the world. It looks like I'll be moving to Nevada next week. Much further north though. Not looking forward to that. I'm so glad Aunt Jerree made your trip possible. She is an awesome lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I am so happy for Josh!!

    ReplyDelete