Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finally back in business!

My camera hasn't worked great since the day I bought it, and has only continued to decline over the past five or so years.  In fact with all the dropping and drooling and smashing it's endured from curious toddlers, I'm surprised it'll still snap a picture.

It did however give up the picture-transferring ability. 

But luckily my mom came to my rescue for the umpteenth time when she brought over her media card cord thing-a-majigger, and transferred all of my poor hostage pictures from the last several months onto my computer.  Thanks mom!

I'm going to review in a nutshell the goings on of the last several months....

First of all...Chandler loves his "Bampa."
Then one day as Chan and I sat to eat our breakfast I noticed that he was extremely happy.  And then I realized that I accidentally gave him a cup instead of a sippy!...He thought that was the best thing since the "ball." 



I loosely learned the skill of french braiding.
  
Obviously it needs some perfecting but I'm tickled pink that my fingers can produce something that looks somewhat like a french braid....thanks to my sister in law Anne, my mom, JaNeal, Tori, Tara, and anyone else I might have missed who gave me a tutorial.  All of these lovely ladies have a different technique which wreaked havoc on my mind, but there you have it...a "braid" on little Hallie. 



I'm head over heels for this boy!



I love this picture:


...and this one:

We joke that Chandler is going to be a conductor someday because very early on in his young life, he's imitated every conductor he's ever seen.

He leads at church.

He leads with me at Family Home Evening.

At 18 months he went ahead and lead the Mormon Tabernacle Choir:


We've done a lot of baking but Elon and Hallie are the ones who head it up when it comes to the "snickerdoodle."  Elon loved to make these as a kid, and has rubbed that same love right onto his first-born. 




Not sure what that pout-face is all about down there.  It's pictures like this one that remind me I need a new camera...(and a few photography classes.)

Easter came and went.  I won this cute center piece at Women's Conference!




This girl looked super cute all decked out in her new Easter dress.  And because I had to stay home from church with a sick Chandler, I had ample time to do her hair all pretty....too bad there's not a side view here. 

Then....skipping ahead a little bit, my Aunt Julie is up from Utah for a few months and took me to get pedicures and to try sushi! A first on both accounts for me.

That middle group is raw eel and avacado...

yup...my mouth welcomed, chewed up, and swallowed raw eel.

I actually thought it was the tastiest of the three. 




1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogging again! Chandler is sooooo cute!! Reminds me of some other cute boy that I know with short blond hair as well... :)

    ReplyDelete