Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pleasant Surprise

I know I get an A+ for posting the events of our family in a strange and interesting order.

So why stop now?

But at the beginning of February we got a short notice visit from my sister Kim and her three incredibly sweet daughters!

....which we were so excited about.

She actually covered 3,000 miles with three children ages three and under all by herself.  My hat is off, and my admiration bursting because that is one huge feat.

These kids had so much fun playing together after a long awaited reunion.  And somebody was a total clown every mealtime, which resulted in three little girls laughing 'til it probably hurt.

Can you guess who the the comedian was ?

Kim and I got to sit and talk a lot which was so fun and theraputic and taught us that we need to talk more than we do.

It was just so great to share the same airspace.

I got to meet my sweet niece Savanna for the first time.


We got to have our annual Valentine's tea party with all of them this year which was such a fun treat!



 My Grandma Libby came too which made it extra fun - (and helpful with all the babies that needed holding).



These pictures are out of order but at one point, these guys had their ears to the door listening to Grandpa Pierce rehearse for is part in The Garden. (which he did a fantastic job in!)

These three also got to paint some packing supports that came with our last vacuum cleaner.  I thought they'd have fun using them as Star Wars planets.  And they do.  And I'm losing hope of ever getting rid of them.


On one of the days we had a nice visit with my aunt and uncle and their family:

I love this picture of my Aunt Kim and Savanna:

And my sister Kim was so sweet and let some of the kids try out her camera.

We also visited my Grandma and Grandpa Libby at their house which was like an oasis in February.

I love how Grandma Libby is getting a "taste" of my world here:

And if this isn't the sweetest picture ever, I don't know what is:
(We love how Grandpa is wearing his Maine t-shirt too.)

Aunt Kim and her kids joined us for lunch here too:

I love my family.




Man alive did we ever have a good time with them.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice reunion! I bet it was a blast! looks like fun. Cute pictures

    ReplyDelete