Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Completion


Remember this?
If not, see here.

Well, after a few serious sewing sessions with my mom (which was such a treat and I wish I had pictures of), we got it all done for Mother's day.

She was the brains behind the whole thing, because it turns out that sewing instructions are written in a language that I can't comprehend, and she can.

Thanks mom!

So after slaving over a hot sewing machine ;)....that piece of fabric turned into this:



  
And boy am I ever excited about it!  I thought originally that it'd be way too small, but it turns out it's a bit big, and that means it's so comfortable and I plan on wearing it to church a lot this summer and in summers to come (even pregnant ones ;)). - And check out that bracelet my mother in law made me for Christmas this past year...perfect!

I'm still in search of the perfect shoe, but I'm just so glad that it got completed before Hallie was grown and out of the house. 

Isn't she a sweetie?
  
The sparkle in her eye when she saw the "big reveal" was priceless, and well worth every stitch.

And seam-ripped stitch :)

I love you Hallie Olivia.  I'm so glad I get to be your mom.



  

4 comments: