Monday, July 11, 2011

"Snip-its"...

Lately I've been so busy.

And at precisely the same time as this whirlwind of business, my kids are changing right before my very eyes and I feel like I'm blinking right over it.

So here is a quick "snapshot" of what they are doing and saying at this very moment in time:

Chandler says "oh tay" (usually sounds like "a-day") which I absolutely love the sound of and will be sad when he goes ahead and "figures it out" one of these days.

Hallie yells the word "mom" at the top of her lungs about fifteen times a day.  It's usually because of some crisis mysteriously involving Chandler....or because she needs me to wipe her.  Seriously, when can a mom be confident that her child is doing a good enough job in that department?...Sorry if that's a bit graphic. :/

Chandler is an acrobat.  This kid could "pump" his legs in his vibrating/rocking chair when he was three months old...perfectly!  He skinnys up every ladder he sees.  I never knew that taking him to the public playground would be the best workout ever for me.

Hallie is completely obsessed with dogs.  She recently said something that made me smile ear to ear.  She said, "can you imagine a black puppy poking his cute little face out of a flower patch?"  Of course it was said in her "mellow dramatic" way, which made me giggle inside.  She's such a girl, and I love it. 

Chandler is my Romeo.  I was bouncing him on my knees while singing some little song, and when I would finish he'd lean forward and give me a kiss right on the lips, and then a hug....while saying "momma."  Then I'd sing it again, and he'd finish with another kiss and a hug. 

Hallie loves to wear dresses and hopes to high heaven that people will think she looks "ravishing."  I'll often hear her ask, "mom, do you think they'll think I look ravishing?"

Not to be out of order but something just popped into my head and if I don't type it now, I'll lose it.  While I was putting a band-aid on Hallie's finger, she leaned down and kissed my hand, then looked up at me with those sparkly blues and smiled.  It's something small I know, but my heart melted a little.

Chandler's a comedian.  The other night he was eating his corn...with his eyes closed...and a huge smile on his face.  The missionaries were over and we all laughed so hard.  He's constantly doing things that he knows will make people laugh.  I love that he's funny.

Hallie picks flowers for me every day...or so it seems.  In fact she lovingly handed me a single blade of grass the other day....which I seriously tried to sincerely thank her for. :)

Chandler loves shoes.  He's constantly wearing someone else's shoes.  He will point and tell whoever is within earshot exactly whose shoes belong to who.  He loves his dad's shoes the most though.
 
 

    




























I love these little specimens.

1 comment: